Re: ftp2.de.debian.org IPv6 not available anymore

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011, morphium wrote:

Hi!

ftp2.de.debian.org moved from source.rfc822.org to ftp.halifax.RWTH-Aachen.DE,
RWTH Aachen does not look forward to deploy IPv6 this year as far as I
know due to their network staff and Stonesoft-Firewall issues.

I'd like to offer my mirrors v6 IP for the AAAA record of ftp.de.d.o
and/or ftp2.de.d.o - what do you think about that?
So those important hostnames would support v6.
And yes, I've sufficient resources to serve that :)

Apt gets really unhappy when the two mirrors aren't updated exactly in sync and something happens that makes the client go v4 in one connection and v6 in another.

/Mattias Wadenstein