Re: ftp.us.debian.org mirror problem

Simon Paillard wrote:
> But
> $ host
> is an alias for 39.32-
> 39.32- domain name pointer mirrors2.kernel.org.
> So kernel.org seems to have issues with mirrors1 and points it to
> mirrors2, but our ftp.us rotation is made of A records.

Makes sense.  It has been that way for a few days now.  Good to have
it resolved.

> mirrors1.kernel.org removed from the rotation (300 sec TTL).

Thanks for doing that!  A stock CD installation would pause at the
unresponsive IP address, time out, and then report a red failure
screen needing manual intervention.  I knew the problem and so would
simply retry to get a different server but others who didn't know the
problem thought worse things and weren't able to install.  This solves
that problem.