Re: Fw: [Debconf-discuss] cdn.debian.net (Re: Columbia Debian mirror

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010, Carlos Carvalho wrote:

Look at the entry for 200.17.202.1 (ftp.br.debian.org) in
http://debiancdn.appspot.com/managesurrogate and you'll see.

Hm, I finally took a look at that page and have a few suggestions:

1. Please use the 2-letter codes for countries. Thanks to DNS choosing them most of us are much more familiar with them than the 3-letter codes.

2. My mirror is classified as in the wrong country - ftp.se.d.o is indeed in Sweden, not in ISL (iceland??).

3. A set of US mirrors doesn't seem like an optimal choice for a machine I run in denmark. How often is the geoip db updated? The linked geoipview has the correct, Danish, location.

/Mattias Wadenstein