Re: ftp.jp.debian.org/cdn.debian.or.jp DNS no reply

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009, Kenshi Muto wrote:

> > Could you please ensure all the hosts you manage use ftpsync and are
> > pushed :
> > dennou-q.geo.kyushu-u.ac.jp
> > studenno.kugi.kyoto-u.ac.jp
> > dennou-h.ep.sci.hokudai.ac.jp
> > ftp.nara.wide.ad.jp
> >
> > Would it be possible to get ftp.jp CDN actually returns only hosts that
> > you actually manage yourself ?
>
> Exactly right. Debian mirror part of ftp.nara.wide.ad.jp is managed
> by myself Kenshi Muto, other ac.jp mirrors are managed by Keiichi Ishioka
> who joins Debian JP debian-admin team.
> (And now debian-admin@debian.or.jp accepts any posts for contacting.)

Simon's point was that ftp.jp.debian.org can be anywhere, even hosts you
probably do not maintain yourself.  E.g. here ftp.jp.debian.org resolves
to an Austrian mirror (debian.lagis.at).

That's quite confusing, and I'm not sure ftp.jp.debian.org should try to
outsmart me.