Re: New primary mirror

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008, LITNET FTP Admin wrote:

Josip Rodin wrote:
Please see http://www.debian.org/mirror/official#process

The server needs to be able to sustain the traffic, i.e. have reasonable
limits on the HTTP, FTP and rsync daemons, including tuning the maximum
number of connections in general and the maximum number of connections
from a single IP.

Please, explain. Apache can't limit connections per IP.
apache2_mod_limitipconn is unofficial, and thus not to be used. How
about rsync? Via iptables? Share your experience.

We use mod_limitipconn on ftp.se.d.o/cdimage.d.o. But then we don't exactly run a vanilla apache either.

If anyone has a good recipe for limiting connections per IP for rsync, I'd be very happy. Just the other week a single IP filled up all the available anon slots for us.

/Mattias Wadenstein