Current size (disk space required) of full debian mirror

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

..then one of you can tell me how much disk space I need for a full
mirror, now, as in ' du -sh /your/path/to/your/mirror/of/debian ',
http://www.debian.org/mirror/size 's idea of "now" is March 2008,
which is a while ago, and last time I tried to set up a full mirror,
I procrastinated for about as long.  ;o)

According to ftp-master.debian.org, there are at least 3 possible sizes for a full (whatever that means) mirror:
debian-all      Full Debian FTP Archive (~300 GB)
debian          Typical Debian FTP Archive (~150 GB)
debian-all+typical Debian 'all' and 'typical' FTP Archive (NB: use rsync with -H)

Now, since I don't have access to ftp-master, and everyone who does is probably mirroring debian-all, that 150GB debian target is probably mythical since there may not be any standardisation between the excludes on one server and the next.

But here's a self-service method to get the current size of a repository as long as you can download it in the first place, (search engines, please index this!):

$ rsync -navH syncproxy.eu.debian.org::debian-all | tail -1
total size is 355951042083  speedup is 20660.82 (DRY RUN)

So it's currently something like 356E9 bytes / 332GiB. Change the server, add appropriate excludes, or constrain the path to get the figure you're interested in.