Re: excess secondary CD/DVD image downloading

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 15:34:39 +0200, Josip wrote in message
<[🔎] 20080815133439.GA24470@orion.carnet.hr>:

> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 06:12:37PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > I do not understand what are you mean...
> >
> > If peoples downloading the DVDs like me, maybe we need them for
> > Off-Line usage?  Currently I am downloading ALL DVDs and CDs from
> > 4.0r4.
> >
> > Since there are many  peoples  useing  different  architectures
> > and  of course, they can buy the DVD/CD at me...  Of course, they
> > can  buy  the DVDs separately...
>
> Not that many people need all three DVD images or all 25 CD images.
> That's 12.96 GB of DVD images and 14.42 GB of CD images with
> compressed package files that we're talking about. The vast majority
> of people don't even need the entire first DVD.
>
> > If you have problems handling the traffic,  maybe  you  should
> > consider mirroring the images?
>
> What? I *do* mirror the images.

..then one of you can tell me how much disk space I need for a full
mirror, now, as in ' du -sh /your/path/to/your/mirror/of/debian ',
http://www.debian.org/mirror/size 's idea of "now" is March 2008,
which is a while ago, and last time I tried to set up a full mirror,
I procrastinated for about as long.  ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: