Re: update anonftpsync

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 13:21:49 +0100, Josip wrote in message
<20080302122149.GA30882@keid.carnet.hr>:

> On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 09:37:43AM +0100, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > ..so, the way to do this, is run --delete-during on the pool/ tree
> > and --delete-after on everything else, to minimize mirror disk
> > usage?
>
> If you want to minimize disk usage that way, frankly, don't run a
> mirror. On a full archive (320 GB now), --delete-after will usually
> cost a few gigabytes per run.

..aye, but if you run out of disk space and it takes a while to
get a new disk set up, the going gets tougher, because the catch-up
is a few GB per missed run.  ;o)

> I can't imagine anyone wanting to run a mirror on a partition where
> there's constantly fewer than a few gigabytes free, because that same
> condition will also prevent all normal archive growth.

..I don't wanna do that.  Now, if I could spread it across my
280GB and 230GB disks http://$ARCH.ftp$NUM.$CC.debian.org/-style
and then maybe merge those $ARCH's with an outbound proxy into
a http://ftp$NUM.$CC.debian.org/ or some such...

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: