Re: security mirrors?

Josip Rodin (joy@entuzijast.net) wrote on 12 January 2008 11:32:
 >(Security has an entry in the mirror submission form because I wanted to
 >collect information about unofficial mirrors, even if we never do anything
 >about it. As of today, 41 active sites have since reported that they have
 >mirrored the security.d.o archive.)

We have it as well. Should I fill the form or is it enough to post
here the url's (I've already done it). If I should fill the form, is
it necessary to fill it completely or just add the new info?

 >We haven't had much progress on the issue of making these mirrors pushed,
 >because even though other security team members indicated agreement with
 >setting up pushed mirrors, Martin Schulze has consistently obstructed it.

I think it's not just a question of pushing, it's a question of the
mirrors being recognized as valid. If they're legitimate users can be
told to fetch from the mirrors and not only from the security.d.o.
Or is this already being done?

 >I am tired of fighting this.

A compromise could be that they push only the official country mirrors.