Re: where to sync from?

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 06:07:56PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> So, the logical thing to do here would be to get your two mirrors, which
> are the official mirrors for two large countries, pushed from either
> ftp-master.debian.org or from one of the ftp.us.debian.org sites.
> But, I don't have any idea how to do that, because a) nobody cares to do
> these things b) the sites are mostly overloaded anyway so they would
> probably be slow to sync from, unless some special arrangements were made.
>
> I guess that now that I spent time writing this mail, I could have another
> go at trying to find out which debian-admin member now tends after these
> things, and see if anything can be changed.

As it turns out, Ryan Murray promptly handled the latest submission from
Gunnar Wolf about ftp.mx.d.o, and he's as feisty as ever ;) so we'll
actually make progress about this.

Also, I sent Carlos Carvalho instructions to see if he can sync efficiently
from syncproxy.wna.d.o, and if that goes all right, that will probably be
done too.

--
Josip Rodin
mirrors@debian.org