Re: patch against anonftpsync: including instead of excluding

Simon Paillard wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 12:12:25PM +0900, Steven Wilton wrote:
>> I?ve just switched to using the anonftpsync script for out debian mirrors,
>> and developed this patch in the process.  It?s purpose is to allow an
>> explicit list of architectures to allow, rather than specifying a list to
>> deny (so we don?t automatically mirror any new architectures that may
>> appear).
>>
>> I thought it may be useful to others also.
>
> Hello Steven and sorry for the latency,
>
> I think also than specifying in the mirroring script the architectures
> to include is a better idea than specifying the ones to exclude.
>
> Moreover, it would be consistent with the way we record the architectures
> available for earch mirror in Mirrors.masterlist.
>
> On the other side, it implies that we rely on the reactivity of mirrors
> admins, to add by hand each new architecture that Debian releases for.
> (And given the mean reactivity of admins, I wonder if it is such a good idea..)
>
> Other position about this patch ?

I too would rather list the architectures that I want to mirror, rather
than the ones I want to exclude.  Some mirrors have limited disk space,
 and the addition of a new architecture could break the mirror if they
don't add it to the exclude list before the architecture goes live.

Just my $0.02...

Regards,
Austin.