Re: guidelines about "When to mirror ?", announce to admins

On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 10:42:40PM +0100, Simon Paillard wrote:
> > > Indeed, what is the interrest of two pulses a day if most mirrors
> > > (except the push ones) are updated only once a day ?
> >
> > Faster updates generally strain the mirror network for gain that is usually
> > negligible to users. We don't really have anyone claiming or proving that
> > many users are running sid and that they all really need updated packages
> > more than once a day.
>
> Except maybe for packages that are updated due to security reasons..

Yes, but in unstable, those should happen perhaps a bit less often, what
with all the new versions going in regularly, before the security bugs are
even published :)

Besides, us sid users should know how to intervene on our own if 12 hours is
too much :)

> Is debian-mirrors-announce moderated by mirrors@d.o for non-DDs ?
> If not, would it be possible ? It would be more practical for non-DDs
> like me..

It was once moderated like that, but as you may already be aware,
mirrors@d.o is an alias that is only active when the occasional enthusiast
delves into it :) so this was abandoned, probably because by this time the
queue would have been measured in gigabytes (spam).

Since only the GPG key is checked, I could just sign the message for you and
it should go through.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.