Re: is any US primary mirror connected to Internet2?

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 10:46:34AM -0300, Ricardo Yanez wrote:
> ftp.cl.debian.org (hosted by the Physics Department of University of
> Chile) has not been available for some time due to our inability to rsync
> within a reasonable time. The university's bandwidth to the US is rather
> limited and strongly filtered, we have been told. It seems the university
> is unwilling/unable to increase the mirrors download bandwidth to the US.
> We continue to fail updating.

Sad.
I assume that the connectivity to Europe is even worse ...

You may try ftp.br.debian.org if the connectivy to Brasil is better, I
don't know..

> We are investigating the possibility of connecting the mirror to an
> Internet2 network. But to push this further we need to know if any of the
> US primary mirrors are connected to such a network.
>
> Is any?

No server except the recent cudlug.cudenver.edu is referenced in the
list as peering with Internet2.

Try to contact directly the admins of Push-Primary mirrors, we can
provide you the emails (or you can find by yourself in the website CVS).

cudlug.cudenver.edu peers with some Internet2 sites, but is not a
primary server.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mirrors/2006/12/msg00022.html

Regards.