Re: Debian/MIPSeb: proposal to drop mipseb port?

On Sat, 2018-07-07 at 22:54 +0800, YunQiang Su wrote:

> use eb in a chroot env of openwrt etc env is a use case.

In my case it was the default firmware with help of this:

https://github.com/mattimustang/optus-sagemcom-fast-3864-hacks

> What CPU is your router? mips r2 is a quite old ISA standard,
> they are published in 2002, why your router didn't support it?

The router is a (GPL violating) SAGEMCOM F@ST3864V2 with Broadcom SoC
BCM963268 and CPU BMIPS4350 V8.0. This is the default router shipped by
my ISP, I now have two of them and the latest one I recieved new this
year. There are some other devices out there with the same SoC/CPU too:

https://wikidevi.com/w/index.php?search=BMIPS4350&title=Special%3ASearch&fulltext=Search
https://wikidevi.com/w/index.php?search=BCM963268&title=Special%3ASearch&profile=default&fulltext=1

> yes, Loongson 2f is only support MIPS II/III.
> I have no idea if it is valuable to downgrade mipsel to MIPS II,
> at the same time, Loongson 2f has some other bugs, which will ask for
> gcc/glibc patch, which will slow down the binary on other CPUs.

I guess that is not a good idea then.

--
bye,
pabs