Re: Attempting to install Debian Wheezy on Loongson3A system

I don't think 2f kernel can work with 3A at all.

Maybe you are using manually built vmlinux plus initrd from Debian?

If so, the debian-installer will try to download kernel modules by
    uname -r
something like
    acpi-modules-3.14-rc7-amd64-di

Since there is no kernel modules for 3A in Debian archive and the output
from `uname -r` of manually built kernel is quilt different with
Debian's kernel.
So the kernel cannot retrieve kernel modules.
Even you can get the modules by cheat debian-installer, the ABI of kernel
is not compatible.

Before the patch be in upstream kernel (good news is that it will be
present in 3.15),
Debian cannot support installer for 3A.

For now, to install Debian on 3A, you should debootstrap the system on
another machine,
and rsync it to this disk, then configure kernel/boot/pmon manually.

--
Yunqiang Su