Re: What is the status of Debian on Lemote Fuloong?

On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 10:55:25AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Code Blue (codeblue@inbox.lv) [120708 10:32]:
> > Can anybody point me to a source that describes exactly how to get this
> > running? I have no idea how to install Debian on the Fuloong since I haven't
> > found a bootable USB installer.
>
> see http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual and
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/mipsel/index.html.en for generic
> information.
>
> I usually use the images from
> http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/mipsel/daily/loongson-2f/netboot/
> and do netboot (please be aware that you either need to go back to the
> menu early to set question level to low, or you end up installing
> testing). If you have questions on that, please don't hesitate to ask
> here.

Thank you, this helps a lot. It boots but it can't find the kernel
module for the network adapter. I am surprised because if this is for
loongson there is only one choice here, and it is not on the list.

Before I go further, is there a bootable rescue image I could load
from USB? I would like to be able to fdisk and do other rescue tasks.
I was hoping to be able to do this from the installer but selecting
the shell I didn't find fdisk. Anyway this is encouraging. Thank you.

--
                       _
ASCII ribbon campaign ( ) Powered by Lemote Fuloong