Re: "unit boot failed" by installing Debian on Qube2
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: "unit boot failed" by installing Debian on Qube2
- From: Marko Hilse <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 15:00:43 +0200
- Message-id: <4CC0397B.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <AANLkTi=vm4aQJP=ZCF1Gu9hykL2uMWB+sgyoZq94oX9X@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <5043558.101287643661537.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost> <7855327.121287643665102.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost> <AANLkTi=vm4aQJP=ZCF1Gu9hykL2uMWB+sgyoZq94oX9X@mail.gmail.com>
this would be nice. Where can I download your installation?
Am 21.10.2010 14:46, schrieb Chris Thomas:
I have a minimal installation of Lenny that I could send you, or you
could download from me. All you would have to do is connect the drive
to a different computer and extract the file.
On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 2:48 AM,<firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
How much memory does this Qube have?
I also had a lot of trouble installing Debian on an of the shelf Qube 2. I
found this procedure: http://www.cyrius.com/debian/cobalt/unpack.html very
helpfull to be able to install Debian on my unit (mine only had 16 MB RAM).
You really should consider setting up a serial connection with the box (even
if you decide to use the SSH installer), so you know what is going on.
P.S. you can find my story and findings on my Qube here:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Marko Hilse"<email@example.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:26:56 PM GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin /
Bern / Rome / Stockholm / Vienna
Subject: "unit boot failed" by installing Debian on Qube2
I´m trying to install Debian an Qube2.
I successfully installed an DHCP- and NFS-Server on my Ubuntu and start the
net booting on the Qube2. The Qube2 gets The IP from the DHCP and asked if I
want to use terminal or SSH. I don't have an serial connector on my notebook
so that I have to choose SSH. After the display says "Starting the installer
(SSH)" I got an "Unit Boot Failed". I tried also Serial with the same
Does anybody have an idea?
I tried the following HowTo: