Re: "unit boot failed" by installing Debian on Qube2
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: "unit boot failed" by installing Debian on Qube2
- From: Chris Thomas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 08:46:42 -0400
- Message-id: <AANLkTi=vm4aQJP=ZCF1Gu9hykL2uMWB+sgyoZq94oX9X@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <7855327.121287643665102.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost>
- References: <5043558.101287643661537.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost> <7855327.121287643665102.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost>
I have a minimal installation of Lenny that I could send you, or you
could download from me. All you would have to do is connect the drive
to a different computer and extract the file.
On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 2:48 AM, <email@example.com> wrote:
> How much memory does this Qube have?
> I also had a lot of trouble installing Debian on an of the shelf Qube 2. I
> found this procedure: http://www.cyrius.com/debian/cobalt/unpack.html very
> helpfull to be able to install Debian on my unit (mine only had 16 MB RAM).
> You really should consider setting up a serial connection with the box (even
> if you decide to use the SSH installer), so you know what is going on.
> P.S. you can find my story and findings on my Qube here:
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Marko Hilse" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> To: email@example.com
> Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:26:56 PM GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin /
> Bern / Rome / Stockholm / Vienna
> Subject: "unit boot failed" by installing Debian on Qube2
> Hi *,
> I´m trying to install Debian an Qube2.
> I successfully installed an DHCP- and NFS-Server on my Ubuntu and start the
> net booting on the Qube2. The Qube2 gets The IP from the DHCP and asked if I
> want to use terminal or SSH. I don't have an serial connector on my notebook
> so that I have to choose SSH. After the display says "Starting the installer
> (SSH)" I got an "Unit Boot Failed". I tried also Serial with the same
> Does anybody have an idea?
> I tried the following HowTo: