Cobalt Qube2 – lenny+chroot or sid?

Hi,

I just got a Qube2 from a cow-orker. (Sadly without the power supply
unit; if someone near .de has a spare one it’d be greatly appreciated,
otherwise I’ll have to go to ePray.) I plan on putting maximum memory
into it, installing Debian and use it as sort of my main build machine
for uploads (at the moment, I’m ssh’ing to other boxen, which is sub-
optimal as I don’t put my PGP key there), it could also be useful for
testing things such as the upstream-proposed gcc fix for the binutils
bug.

Now, the question is: lenny, sid chroot, and t̲h̲e̲n̲ cowbuilder inside
the chroot, or sid and then just cowbuilder?

The latter would eat less resources and expose me to sid more, which
I consider a plus. However, if the current mips kernel issues also
affect Qube2 and not just Loongson, I’d like to n̲o̲t̲ be bitten by them
in addition to the other bugs… I do have two other projects, a dayjob
and a life after all ☺

As for installing: just netboot a current d-i (daily or snapshot)?

TIA,
//mirabilos
--
[...] if maybe ext3fs wasn't a better pick, or jfs, or maybe reiserfs, oh but
what about xfs, and if only i had waited until reiser4 was ready... in the be-