Re: Lemote YeeLoong (Loongson 2F) in Squeeze

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 05:06:16 +0000
Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 02:04:53PM +1030, Karl Goetz wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:27:56 +0000
> > Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I got a new Lemote YeeLoong laptop.
> > >
> > > The existing Debian apt repositories at dev.lemote.com is a bit
> > > disapointing, and I wanted to try it with Squeeze. This brings up
> > > several issues:
> > >
> > > 1. Any equivalent of a live CD? Any way to e.g. boot a
> > > kernel+initrd system from the network?
> >
> > This is two seperate questions - afaik in order the answers are no
> > and yes.
>
> Any hints? Any RTFM? I want to have something I can boot to in case I
> mess my existing installation.

You can boot off a usb stick, so if recovery is all you're after you
don't need a direct netboot.

> > > 3. If the answer to (2) is "yes": what kernel can I use?Any
> > > existing kernel package anywhere? Use the one from
> > > http://medan.cinnamonpirate.com/ ?
> >
> > 2.6.32 has the first dose of yeeloong stuff merged iirc, .33 should
> > finish it. perhaps use the kernel source used by gNS?
> >
> > > Right noy I have kernel 2.6.27.1, and it does
> > > not seem to be included in any package.
> >
> > In debian, i assume you mean.
>
> On my system. It's just not part of a package.

Oh, so your yeeloong has a kernel installed which is not installed via
a .deb?
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)