Lemote YeeLoong (Loongson 2F) in Squeeze

Hi

I got a new Lemote YeeLoong laptop.

The existing Debian apt repositories at dev.lemote.com is a bit
disapointing, and I wanted to try it with Squeeze. This brings up
several issues:

1. Any equivalent of a live CD? Any way to e.g. boot a kernel+initrd
system from the network?

2. Can I upgrade the existing userspace packages to the ones from a
standard Debian apt source? Is it compatible with the mipsel port?

3. If the answer to (2) is "yes": what kernel can I use?Any existing
kernel package anywhere? Use the one from
http://medan.cinnamonpirate.com/ ?

Right noy I have kernel 2.6.27.1, and it does
not seem to be included in any package.

I have read http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/Lemote . Hopefully didn't
miss too many important things.