Re: Lemote YeeLoong (Loongson 2F) in Squeeze

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:27:56 +0000
Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I got a new Lemote YeeLoong laptop.
>
> The existing Debian apt repositories at dev.lemote.com is a bit
> disapointing, and I wanted to try it with Squeeze. This brings up
> several issues:
>
> 1. Any equivalent of a live CD? Any way to e.g. boot a kernel+initrd
> system from the network?

This is two seperate questions - afaik in order the answers are no
and yes.

> 2. Can I upgrade the existing userspace packages to the ones from a
> standard Debian apt source? Is it compatible with the mipsel port?

Mostly, some stuffs been hacked to support the yeeloong.

> 3. If the answer to (2) is "yes": what kernel can I use?Any existing
> kernel package anywhere? Use the one from
> http://medan.cinnamonpirate.com/ ?

2.6.32 has the first dose of yeeloong stuff merged iirc, .33 should
finish it. perhaps use the kernel source used by gNS?

> Right noy I have kernel 2.6.27.1, and it does
> not seem to be included in any package.

In debian, i assume you mean.
kk

--