Re: MIPS kernel snapshots - 2.6.30-rc4

Il giorno mer, 06/05/2009 alle 16.33 +0200, Florian Lohoff ha scritto:
> On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 11:10:49AM +0200, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
[...]
> > This kernel does not work in SGI O2 since it mount the root file system
> > (ext3) as read only. The mount command show the file system as
> > read/write, but it is read only. No daemon get to start since they
> > cannot write on /tmp nor /var/run.
> > 2.6.29-rc8-r5k-ip32 still works well.
>
> Typically the boot scripts are responsible for remounting. The kernel should
> always mount the root filesystem as read-only - and only after successful
> fsck or better fsck test the boot script should remount rw ...
[...]

I get this message twice, just after the message about using swap
partition: "EXT3-fs: cannot change data mode on remount"

My /etc/fstab is:
/dev/sda1 / ext3 rw,errors=continue,data=ordered,relatime 0 1

So, it seems the problem is data=ordered. BTW, this is not a problem
with current kernel.

Bye,
Giuseppe