Re: Fwd: [Gnewsense-dev] poor wireless performance and sources.list

Graziano Sorbaioli wrote:
> fxzhang@ict.ac.cn ha scritto:
>> What is the normal signal strength reported?
>
>> If very low, probably the antenna is not connected correctly(some test
>> machine might have such problem), you can try to open the case to check:
>> it is in the right part of palm rest; remove the 4 screws in the back,
>> then you  can remove the palm-test(don't pull it too far away because the
>> touchpad is connected) and find the antenna, it should be connected to the
>> 'main' connector, not the 'aux').
>
>> The wifi do have some potential connection bug, but the signal strength is
>> basically ok.
>

> I opened up my yeeloong.
> The wifi antenna is connected correctly to "main", I can connect to my
> wifi network, the signal is good (about 65/70%) but I can't send or
> receive packets if I don't near the wifi router.

One thing you could try is to use a ENCORE ENUWI-G2 USB Wifi adapter
(like $15); it uses the same RTL8187b chipset as the internal wifi. On
our initial test machine it had much better range than the internal wifi
(I'll check the wiring to see if that's why now that I know about that
issue).

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny