Testing O2 - Cross-compilation

Hello people,

As you may have gathered from my previous posts, we have an O2 at the Hellenic Linux User Group lab. I currently have the O2 at home and am trying to test Thomas Bogendoerfer's ALSA additions. The kernel compilation is taking ages (around 12 hours) and I was thinking of cross-compiling on my powerful x86 desktop machine.

However, I haven't done this before and have trouble locating cross-toolchains for mips64 (the O2 is a 64-bit R5K).

The build system is a 32-bit Ubuntu 8.10 and it should be able to use Debian packages.

Cheers,
Jimmy