Re: MIPS kernel snapshot testing

Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:

I'm not really buying into hdparm cached time numbers (-T). -t is
at least usefull to see, that the speed between disk drive and
controller/driver is ok. There could be a regression, but I'd like
to see numbers from more meaningfull benchmarks or even better
real applications.

Thomas.

What would you suggest? fio? bonnie++? If you are aware of any benchmarks that illustrate cache performance specifically, I can try them out.

Another problem that I see, which looks more serious, is that the SCSI subsystem has turned off write cache for the hdd, I have no idea why. I tried using the older Adaptec SCSI driver in the kernel but it made no difference.

Cheers,
Jimmy