Re: MIPS kernel snapshot testing

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 05:45:31PM +0300, Jimmy Angelakos wrote:
> I went ahead and compiled a kernel from the linux-next git tree and,
> using that kernel, O2 sound works perfectly.

ahh that's good as I can't reproduce that my machine, but I was
pretty sure, that it's a timing issue.

> However, the very slow cache performance (RAM throughput issue?) did
> not go away. That is clearly a regression as it used to be better in
> older kernels.

I'm not really buying into hdparm cached time numbers (-T). -t is
at least usefull to see, that the speed between disk drive and
controller/driver is ok. There could be a regression, but I'd like
to see numbers from more meaningfull benchmarks or even better
real applications.

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                                [ RFC1925, 2.3 ]