Re: Debian on SGI O2

* Christopher Arthur <caa0012@unt.edu> [2008-02-18 10:06]:
> that it can't figure out how to get to the internet.  I've tried
> numerous things trying to work with it here, but none successful.
> Using iptables/route to try to patch the o2-laptop net through to
> the wireless card doesn't seem to do it

Have you made sure that IP forwarding is allowed?  You have to write 1
to /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward  And for the record, here's the
iptables command I use:
iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING --jump MASQUERADE --out-interface eth0

> One thing that is working, however, is that my laptop has apache web
> server up and running, so maybe i can spoof the mirror locally, but
> i'm not ready to download all the mirror files so i would need to
> know if that would work before trying it.  Any suggestions?

Yep, it would work.  However, you probably want to get the net going
on the O2 in any case.
Martin Michlmayr