Re: Debian on SGI O2

* Christopher Arthur <caa0012@unt.edu> [2008-02-18 10:06]:
> that it can't figure out how to get to the internet.  I've tried
> numerous things trying to work with it here, but none successful.
> Using iptables/route to try to patch the o2-laptop net through to
> the wireless card doesn't seem to do it

Have you made sure that IP forwarding is allowed?  You have to write 1
to /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward  And for the record, here's the
iptables command I use:
iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING --jump MASQUERADE --out-interface eth0

> One thing that is working, however, is that my laptop has apache web
> server up and running, so maybe i can spoof the mirror locally, but
> i'm not ready to download all the mirror files so i would need to
> know if that would work before trying it.  Any suggestions?

Yep, it would work.  However, you probably want to get the net going
on the O2 in any case.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/