Re: orsa/0.7.0-8 failed to build on mips and mipsel

On Wednesday 01 August 2007, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Frank S. Thomas a écrit :
> > Hi (I'm not subscribed to debian-mips, so please CC me on replies),
> >
> > The orsa package version 0.7.0-8 failed to build on mips and mipsel
> > (buildds ball and rem, see [1], [2]) due to this errors:
> >
> >   xorsa_wrapper.cc:151: error: 'vsnprintf' is not a member of 'std'
> >   xorsa_wrapper.cc:153: error: 'snprintf' is not a member of 'std'
> >
> > The same error occured on arm, on all other architectures orsa 0.7.0-8
> > built fine. I'm not sure but to me this looks like a bug in gcc. Does
> > anybody here know if this was fixed in the meanwhile so that a
> > "give-back" on these architectures suffices or how else this can be
> > fixed?
>
> snprintf and vsnprintf are not C++ functions but C functions so they are
> not in the namespace std, but in the namespace ::.

Ok, thanks for the hint. snprintf and vsnprintf are declared in stdio.h and
vsnprintf additionally needs stdarg.h, so including the headers cstdio and
cstdarg, which define the functions from the .h files in the namespace std,
should fix this error. Removing std:: from the functions (so moving them to
the global namespace) would be an option to fix this, too.

> Also the file is missing a #include <cstdlib>.

For what is cstdlib needed?

I still don't know why this happens on mips/mipsel and arm only.

Thanks,
Frank
--
Anmut bringen wir ins Leben;