Re: Trouble with 2.6.21-5 on Cobalt Qube2

* Sameer Verma <sverma@sfsu.edu> [2007-07-31 21:20]:
> I am seeing the same problem on a Qube 2 with 2.6.21-2-r5k-cobalt,
> so needless to say, I'm waiting for the fix.

linux-image-2.6.22-1-r5k-cobalt is available on unstable now.  I
suggest you download this.

> In the mean time, I have one specific question:
>
> I am able to use the serial port to get to the boot shell but I am
> not sure how I can get the machine to boot using an older kernel. I
> have 2.6.18-4-r5k-cobalt and some other older kernels. How do I get
> the Qube to boot with an older kernel using the boot shell?

mount hda1
ls
load /vmlinux-2.6.18-4-r5k-cobalt
-var cons_opts console=ttyS0,{console-speed}
execute root=/dev/hda2 {cons_opts}

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/