Re: Trouble with 2.6.21-5 on Cobalt Qube2

I am seeing the same problem on a Qube 2 with 2.6.21-2-r5k-cobalt, so needless to say, I'm waiting for the fix.

In the mean time, I have one specific question:

I am able to use the serial port to get to the boot shell but I am not sure how I can get the machine to boot using an older kernel. I have 2.6.18-4-r5k-cobalt and some other older kernels. How do I get the Qube to boot with an older kernel using the boot shell? My last resort will be to physically pull the drive out and mount in in another machine and edit the boot kernel...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.