Re: Trouble with 2.6.21-5 on Cobalt Qube2
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Trouble with 2.6.21-5 on Cobalt Qube2
- From: Sameer Verma <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:20:23 -0700
- Message-id: <46B00A07.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I am seeing the same problem on a Qube 2 with 2.6.21-2-r5k-cobalt, so
needless to say, I'm waiting for the fix.
In the mean time, I have one specific question:
I am able to use the serial port to get to the boot shell but I am not
sure how I can get the machine to boot using an older kernel. I have
2.6.18-4-r5k-cobalt and some other older kernels. How do I get the Qube
to boot with an older kernel using the boot shell? My last resort will
be to physically pull the drive out and mount in in another machine and
edit the boot kernel...
Any help would be much appreciated.
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Information Systems
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132 USA