Re: WRT54G Support?

* Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@wpkg.org> [2006-06-27 23:15]:
> Is there a list of Debian-supported devices anywhere (I mean mostly
> arm*/mips*-based routers)?

I don't think so.

> Right now I know Debian will work on these devices:
> - ASUS WL-500G deluxe (on an external medium like USB-stick)
> - Netgear WGT634U
> - Linksys NSLU2
> - Iomega NAS 100d (referenced on debonaras.org; really expensive)

"will work" maybe but at the moment only the Linksys NSLU2 is properly
supported.  I've put the Asus WL*/Netgear WGT634U work on hold until
there's proper kernel support.  According to Broadcom, they might work
on it this summer but it hasn't been decided yet.

> Probably, soon it will also work on Freecom FSG-3, and Thecus N2100.

Yes, I intend to work on the Thecus N2100.  I don't know anything
about the Freecom FSG-3.

> But shouldn't there be some webpage which lists all supported devices,
> and with instructions on how to install Debian on these devices?

Yeah.  The MIPS page is completely out of date and needs a major
update and I suppose the ARM page might be in a similar state.  It's
somewhere on my TODO list but I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

> It would also support manufacturers who make "open" devices (Freecom
> guys provided me with some documentation when I asked them).

Can they provide some free devices?
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/