Re: WRT54G Support?

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
* Tomasz Chmielewski  [2006-06-26 22:06]:
Next device I want to install debian on is Freecom FSG-3 (266 MHz ARM, 64 MB RAM, 160 GB HDD, and RedBoot bootloader).

Sounds like an interesting device.  FWIW, I'll work on supporting the
Thecus N2100 soon.

Is there a list of Debian-supported devices anywhere (I mean mostly
arm*/mips*-based routers)?

Right now I know Debian will work on these devices:

- ASUS WL-500G deluxe (on an external medium like USB-stick)
- Netgear WGT634U
- Linksys NSLU2
- Iomega NAS 100d (referenced on debonaras.org; really expensive)

Probably, soon it will also work on Freecom FSG-3, and Thecus N2100.

But shouldn't there be some webpage which lists all supported devices,
and with instructions on how to install Debian on these devices?

Yes, there is NSLU2 page, which is mainly focused on NSLU2, there is
debonaras.org page, which doesn't contain many information.

What I'd like to see, is a website, preferably in a wiki form, so that
anyone can contribute easily, listing supported devices, with
installation instructions, images, etc.

This way, users would know which devices to buy (I spent really really
lots of time on cross-compiling Samba + OpenLDAP + lots of other tools
to work with OpenWRT on ASUS, before I found out that there is a debian
mipsel port, with all needed tools, which should also work without many
problems).

It would also support manufacturers who make "open" devices (Freecom
guys provided me with some documentation when I asked them).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://syneticon.net