Re: WRT54G Support?

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 11:35:26PM -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 February 2006 08:32, Thiemo Seufer <ths@networkno.de> wrote
> about 'Re: WRT54G Support?':
> > I keep some old(-ish) tarballs around at
> > http://people.debian.org/~ths/chroot-tarballs/
>
> Extracted to /var/pixie/root, exported that via nfs, logged into pixie (my
> WRT54G) and chrooted.  That works.
>
> Now, I wanted to bring the chroot up-to-date:
> # apt update
> bash: apt: command not found
>
> Alrightly, so, no apt in the base debian system.  That makes sense,

No it doesn't. :-)
"apt" isn't a program which exists in debian, but apt-get is there.

> so
> worries, I'll just use dpkg:
> # dpkg --install apt
> dpkg: unable to lock dpkg status database: No locks available
>
> Googling for the error, I see a bug (134591) says that dpkg doesn't work
> over nfs when the F_SETLK ioctl doesn't work.  The it's marked wontfix,
> and it appears the reasoning is that the user should just enable file
> locking over nfs.

Something like
http://wiki.debian.org/?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=nfs%20root%20lock
might provide better information.

[snip]
> The client is running lockd, but not statd. I can't find a userland binary
> in either the OpenWRT image or the debian chroot that will start statd.

It is included in nfs-common:

lagash:~$ apt-cache search statd nfs
nfs-common - NFS support files common to client and server

lagash:~$ dpkg -L nfs-common |grep rpc.statd$
/sbin/rpc.statd

Thiemo