Users, please install popularity-contest

In the last few months, there have been several discussions about the
support of different hardware architectures in Debian.  Basically, the
Release Managers (together with some other people) came up with
certain criteria which every port has to fulfil.  One of them is that
every port needs to have more than 50 users.  mips and mipsel
currently meet all criteria except for this one.  While I know there
are more than 50 mipsel users, the release managers would like to see
some more data.

There's a tool in Debian called popularity-contest which will send
some statistics about the packages installed on your system (as well
as the hardware architecture) to Debian.  If you use Debian on mips or
mipsel, I encourage you to install this package so you'll count as a
user.  Thanks.

Package: popularity-contest
 When you install this package, it sets up a cron job that will anonymously
 e-mail the Debian developers periodically with statistics about your
 most used Debian packages.
 Homepage: http://popcon.debian.org

Further information:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/09/msg00012.html