Re: Booting a Qube 2700 from hard disk
* email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org> [2005-03-19 22:10]:
> >> The LCD sequence is:
> >> Starting Up
> >> CONSOLE STATE -> Console Off
> >> BOOT SELECTION -> Disk (hda)
> >> ! UNIT BOOT FAILED !
The new CoLo 1.18 offers a network console on which you might be able
to see what's going on there. Please do the following:
- Remove /nfsroot/vmlinux.gz from your server.
- Download http://www.cyrius.com/debian/cobalt/colo/vmlinux.gz and
put it in /nfsroot on your server.
- Download http://www.cyrius.com/debian/cobalt/colo/ncon.c and
compile it on your server with the following command:
gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 -o ncon ncon.c
- Start your Cobalt and boot via the network.
- Start ncon on the server (as a normal user).
- In the menu, there's an option "Network shell". Choose this.
- You should now see the output of your Cobalt machine via ncon on
- Try to boot the Linux kernel; this is how to boot:
Does that work or does it show some kind of error?