Re: Booting a Qube 2700 from hard disk

* aldeluis@usal.es <aldeluis@usal.es> [2005-03-19 20:46]:
> computer, with  little modifications from the mips-debian list:
>
> [partitioning]
> mkfs.ext2 -r0 /dev/hdc1
> mkfs.ext3 /dev/hdc2
> mkfs.ext3 /dev/hdc6

I suppose the "little modifications" refer to formating the home.  I
added this (as well creating the swap partition), thanks.

> cd /mnt
> tar xvfj base.tar.bz2

That's the same as mine, just different. ;)

> When I install the hard disk to the qube, without network wire connected,
> it sometimes shows the first menu list (CONSOLE STATE) and sometimes not.

You should in theory only get this question once.

> The LCD sequence is:
>
> Starting Up
> CONSOLE STATE -> Console Off
> BOOT SELECTION -> Disk (hda)
> ! UNIT BOOT FAILED !
>
> Help?

Does it never boot, or does it only not boot when you get the console
question?

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/