Re: Debian on cobalt cube

----- Original Message -----
From: "Harald Kapper" <hk@kapper.net>
To: <debian-mips@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 7:50 PM
Subject: Re: Debian on cobalt cube

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:38:07 +0100, Harald Kapper <hk@kapper.net> wrote:

hi
I'd vote for both together - yes.

hi again,
I can confirm Peter Horton and his thesis about the lockups, also the
disable-dma-on-ide by Thiemo Seufer helped - when dma is disabled all boxes work
fine without any lockups.

now if there would be any solution I'd be happy to test/help/evaluate :)

thx
hk

Tried it here with disabling dma, but has no effect what so ever. I can upload to the qube without any problems using either samba or vsftpd, but as soon as i try to download a file it completely locks up.

Cheers

Janko Knops