Re: Debian on cobalt cube

* Thiemo Seufer <ths@networkno.de> [2005-03-15 14:12]:
> > I have never seen this myself, but someone else mentioned this to me.
> > He fixed it by adding
> > #define LCD_MINOR 140
> > to drivers/char/lcd.h
>
> Out of curiosity, did he report other kernel bugs? The result is
> unlikely to work stable without the mips patches.

I just reviewed my mail correspondence.  While the above change fixed
one problem, he ran into other compile problems later and emailed me.
Since I had no idea what he was doing exactly, I told him how I use
kernel-patch-2.4.27-mips to build a kernel and that worked for him.

So your explanation of him using the normal kernel sources makes
sense.  I hadn't thought of that.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/