Re: [mipsel] fakeroot woes on vaughan

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 02:04:08AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 08:22:47PM -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> > > fakeroot is known to not work on mips or mipsel.  The autobuilders use
> > > sudo instead of fakeroot as the root command during package builds.
>
> > > For testing purposes on these architectures (since you don't have root
> > > privileges on vaughan), you'll need to drop the dh_testroot command from
> > > your debian/rules.
>
> > Actually, I need to build the whole package as the lack of it is holding up
> > quantlib (and related packages) for testing.
>
> Sorry, official package builds for mips/mipsel require real root access for
> the above reason.
>
> > It has been timing out on mipsel; the autobuilder supposedly has too short a
> > fuse.  Quantlib does some fancy c++ and that takes some time.  It used to
> > build reliably, but the last few releases failed on mipsel. And only on
> > mipsel.
>
> Please email mipsel@buildd.debian.org an ask for the timeout to be raised.

I did a good week to ten days ago, but nothing happened.

> You could ask someone with a mipsel machine to do a manual build, but this
> would not help us if we needed to do security updates for the package in
> sarge.

That must have been done for 0.3.7 to as the failure in the buildd log is in
conflict with the fact that testing has a 0.3.7 binary.

So whoever worked that magic so nicely, could you do that again, please?

Thanks!

Dirk

--
Better to have an approximate answer to the right question than a precise
answer to the wrong question.  --  John Tukey as quoted by John Chambers