Re: bootp not working

Am 12. Mai 2004 um 18:48 Uhr schrieb Martin Michlmayr:

* Joerg Rossdeutscher <joerg@factorlocal.de> [2004-05-12 09:34]:
For me and my RaQ2 bootp did not work over a switch, it needs to be
connected to the bootserver with a crossed cable.

Can you try to put in a static ARP entry with:
   arp -s 192.168.1.5 08:00:2b:34:ee:42
(ip address of your RaQ and the MAC address of your RaQ ethernet.  You
can find that out with "ifconfig" from a running system or via CoLo).

Can't do that since my system isn't running yet.
That is no problem to me, since I use the crossed cable for installation and will not need bootp later.

Ethereal shows the RaQ contacts the bootserver, and the dhcpd sends out an answer, but that isn't accepted and the RaQ asks again. I googled a lot around and found a hint that the dhcpd would send a TCP-Package with "Fragmentation Bit" set, and those got filtered on a switch. I don't know much about that stuff, but the hint with the crossed cable worked for me.

Bye, Ratti

--
Joerg Rossdeutscher

Factor Design AG