Re: Qube 'Sarge' problem

* Gerald Waugh <gwaugh@frontstreetnetworks.com> [2004-08-23 18:35]:
> > The kernel must not (if I remember correctly) access the serial
> > console. As this chip is missing on the 2700 platform, the server
>
> Anyone heard of this?

The new version of CoLo (http://www.colonel-panic.org/cobalt-mips/,
1.12) by default doesn't output anything to the serial console
anymore.  I think Peter made it this way to exactly address the
problem the mail you quoted describes.  I'd give 1.12 a try on that
machine (I just uploaded a binary to Debian tonight so your friend
could just extract that, put it on a NFS server and net boot it).
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com