Re: Which unstable to load?

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> * Gerald Waugh <gwaugh@frontstreetnetworks.com> [2004-08-20 11:56]:
> > Tried "unstable", so which kernel is 'best' to install as an experiment?
> > and what are the diffs, or a good URL to find the diffs?
>
> Gauging from your signature, I assume you are running on a Cobalt?  In
> this case, kernel-image-2.4.27-r5k-cobalt is the kernel you want.  If
> you're not running on Cobalt, please let me know which system you use.

We have many Cobalt mips machines (40+) of many configurations,
cache-RaQ2, Qube, Qube2, RaQ, RaQ2, RaQ2+, NASRaQ, and are attempting to
make them usefull, by installing an up-to-date OS.

So far I am impressed, the debian install appears to run well! My
congratulations to the people working on the project!

> The mips specific kernel patches can be found in the
> kernel-patch-2.4.27-mips source package.  First, put a line like the
> following in /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main

Will do!

> Then run:
>   apt-get update
>
> and then you can obtain the sources via:
>   apt-get source kernel-patch-2.4.27-mips
>
> >  Kernel to install:
> >       kernel-image-2.4.27-xxs1500       #
> >       kernel-image-2.4.27-sb1-swarm-bn  #
>
> Where did you see this listing?  This looks like debian-installer
> (d-i) not recognizing your architecture.

It was the Debian Installer running on a vanilla RaQ...

Gerald
--
http://frontstreetnetworks.com | http://raqware.com
  Front Street Networks LLC, 229 Front Street, Ste.#C