Re: Which unstable to load?

* Gerald Waugh <gwaugh@frontstreetnetworks.com> [2004-08-20 11:56]:
> Tried "unstable", so which kernel is 'best' to install as an experiment?
> and what are the diffs, or a good URL to find the diffs?

Gauging from your signature, I assume you are running on a Cobalt?  In
this case, kernel-image-2.4.27-r5k-cobalt is the kernel you want.  If
you're not running on Cobalt, please let me know which system you use.

The mips specific kernel patches can be found in the
kernel-patch-2.4.27-mips source package.  First, put a line like the
following in /etc/apt/sources.list

deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main

Then run:
  apt-get update

and then you can obtain the sources via:
  apt-get source kernel-patch-2.4.27-mips

>  Kernel to install:
>       kernel-image-2.4.27-xxs1500       #
>       kernel-image-2.4.27-sb1-swarm-bn  #

Where did you see this listing?  This looks like debian-installer
(d-i) not recognizing your architecture.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com