Re: Rebuild Kernel for Qube 2 on sarge and LCD Status Display like woody

Hi Martin...

after I did read that the oroginal CobaltOS did support a SCSI-Controller like the Adaptec 2904 (yes 2904)
I did get one from Ebay at 7EUR.

The 2904 is smaller than the 2940 (which also fits in the Qube2). The 2940UW didnt fit in the Qube2 because of his lenght.

At Boot-Up from Debian it reports the Adaptec as not activated like the virtual "onboard USB"

With a loadable module, like for the SBlive from Marcus, the Qube2 should be able to use a SCSI-HD/CD/DVD-ROM ? (or my PCMCIA-Memory-Card to SCSI-Converter Interface.... or these fine thins like SCSItoIDE for getting a IDE external running on the Adaptec Controller)

Firewire would also be fine....OR :-)) a PCI-VGA Card :-))

Bye
Guido.