Managed to boot Qube2 with the new installer (Workaround)

Hi there.

Ok this is my way to boot my "problem Qube2" ;)

I've set up the DHCP and NFS server's just as Martin Michlmayr said in his Howto on http://www.cyrius.com/debian/cobalt/sarge.html .

(Great Howto! Helped me a lot!)

Then I booted the Qube with a cross cable and a serial cable attached.

When the installer quits with a "no response" message i did the following :

Configured the networ card with :

and then loaded the kernel with :

nfs /nfsroot vmlinux-2.4.26-r5k-cobalt initrd.gz

waited till the loading was finished and then did this :

execute initrd={initrd-size}@{initrd-start} console=ttyS0,{console-speed}

From this point the installation went normal.

I hope this may help others.

And thanks to Peter Horton for his help !!!!

Marcus Schwarz