Re: Need .config files for Debians kernel-image-2.4.24-mips(el)

Guido Guenther <agx@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 04:18:02PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Ok, thats what I have now too. I run into problems with loadkeys and
> > made a one line patch for it (--mktable turns on quiet implicitly). If
> > the console-tools maintainer doesn't go for that the kernel makefiles
> > should be changed to add "-q" for the loadkeys call. Maybe that should
> > be done just in case anyway.
> Hmmm...yes, bit me on ppc already.
>
> > Once I get the 2.4.24 kernel images build I will look into creating
> > the d-i kernel udebs from that. They can easily coexist for the time
> > being and once they have been tested the old ones can be discontinued
> > if you choose so.
> Please make sure you work with a kernel version that is also suitable
> for the DECStations and IP22, since that's what we currently support.
>  -- Guido

I'm working with the linux_2_4 tag from cvs seeing that there is only
a 2.4.24-pre1 tag so far. I was told that won't work yet on the
previously supported systems (and it doesn't even compile).

If I get it to compile it won't replace the 2.4.22 package so I don't
see a big problem in having them both.

MfG
        Goswin