Re: EFS filesystem/serial

> I have an SGI Indigo 2 IMPACT and I have two
> questions.
>
> 1. Does linux kernel support the SGI efs filesystem so
> that I can delete(at the very least read) the
> /etc/passwd file?
>
> 2. the SGI has an 8-pin serial port. How can I make it
> compatible with the PCS 9-pin serial port?

Theres magical cables that break it out to a normal serial cable, I have
some - not sure where you owuld source them though. I beleive they are
the same as apples.

> 3. I may sound inexperienced, but since I've already
> tftp'd the SGI, why doesn't linux write to the
> ethernet port, rather than the serial port? Having it
> write to the ethernet would be a lot easier-I wouldn't
> have to go through the serial port compatibility
> problem.

You mean put the main console on ethernet?
Really you can only do that once its installed, and then ssh or
something to it.

--
Cheers,
Trent

GPG Fingerprint: 6EFF FE20 BFE3 F721 6F26  B13A F974 3E56 04AB 3C5D
I accept GPG encrypted mail, do you? o_O