Re: install from CD on an Indy (and others)

Sorry, but I didn't think it could just be the tftpboot.img renamed; I supposed it could be used to boot all the SGI machines supported by Linux. I should have looked at the size. ;-)

Anyway, I made a cdrom with the image and tried to boot that on the O2. I simply got an "efs read error" at the prom prompt, without reaching the "entry point at [...]" I was hoping for.

Shouldn't it reach at least the entry point and then crash at boot? Being unable to load it from cd seems an image problem and not a kernel problem lacking support for the O2...

Thanks for your reply and your time.

Simone