Re: install from CD on an Indy (and others)

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 05:17:07PM +0200, Simone Caronni wrote:
> I've seen Gentoo/MIPS uses a Debian boot image (kernel 2.4.19) in a single
> file (ECOFF, not ELF). Searching on debian mailing lists showed nothing.
Look on any of debian's ftp server in
debian/dists/woody/main/disks-mips/r4k-ip22/ for tftpboot.img.
It's an ECOFF. This image doesn't support the O2 though.

> Since that it's used to install any SGI machine for Gentoo it should contain
> support for all that is mentioned in the compatibility list at the top.
I doubt that the bootimage supports more than IP22 (i.e.
Indy/I2/Challenge S) but would like to be proven wrong since we could
then add support for the other subarches too.

> Can also someone please tell me how to make a boot cd out of it?
Search the list archives. Florian Lohoff wrote a tool for that.
 -- Guido